News: 11 Men Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting

wall of child-sex shame
Busted

A joint law enforcement operation resulted in the arrest of eleven Indiana men earlier this month.

Posing as 14-year-olds, detectives posted to social media and chatted with the men about sexual acts and fetishes. Once they eventually asked to meet, they were caught up in the “Hi, I’m John Edwards”-style sting. The accused offenders came from as near as Greenwood and as far away as Greentown.

They didn’t show up empty-handed, either. All of them brought small “gifts” such as sex toys, condoms, liquor, lubricant, and meth.

One man even brought guns.

The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, and Franklin Police joined forces for the three-day sex sting. This is the third such collaboration in two years, resulting a total of 29 arrests.

The following were arrested May 10 – 12:

Jeff Hendricks, 49, of Unionville, charged with child solicitation and resisting law enforcement. In his position as deputy director of the American Legion, one of his duties is overseeing youth programs. In a chat, he told the “girl” he wanted to make her fantasies come true “no matter how twisted or perverted.”

Samual N. Kaufman, 20, of Bloomington, charged with child solicitation.

Joshua L. Sliter, 30, of Greentown, charged with child solicitation and providing pornography to minors. Traveled 113 miles to meet the “child.”

Derick O. Sosa, 19, of Indianapolis, charged with child solicitation and resisting law enforcement.

Jason A. Thornton, 40, of Indianapolis, charged with child solicitation, possession of methamphetamine, habitual traffic violator – lifetime suspension, illegal possession of a firearm and forgery.

Francisco B. Amaya Marquez, 25, of Indianapolis, charged with child solicitation.

Dylan C. Muncy, 22, of Indianapolis, charged with providing pornography to minors.

Chase M. Reese, 30, of McCordsville, charged with child solicitation and providing pornography to minors.

Nicholas Sorley, 22, of Sharpsville, charged with child solicitation.

The Delphi Murders: A Copy of the Ronald Logan Search Warrant

Ronald Logan, pictured here during an interview with Inside Edition.

True crime fans were shocked yesterday when new details were revealed in the Delphi Murder case. The documents, obtained via a FOIA request by the Murder Street podcast, sadly confirmed some of the most lurid rumors surrounding the deaths of Libby German (14) and Abby Williams (13).

In a request for a warrant to search the property of Ronald Logan, an FBI agent noted that – although there had been no signs of a struggle -the girls lost a great deal of blood when they died. Their bodies were then “moved and staged” and pieces of their clothing taken. Investigators believe the killer may have taken other souveniers as well, such as photos or videos.

Ronald Logan’s house was less than 1500 feet from where the girls were found. Authorities received fifteen separate tips indicating he was responsible for the murders. His cousin stated in an interview that Logan had asked for help establishing a false alibi for the time of the murders, and GPS data indicated he was near the crime scene. A woman who had once been in a relationship with him said he was physically violent and “always” carried a gun in a fanny pack. A previous search of his property, executed in connection with a parole violation, noted he possessed multiple handguns and knives.

Ronald Logan died in 2020. He was never formally named a suspect in the case.


IMPD Officer Arrested for Battery Has Strange History

Officer Bad Luck Brian
Accused officer Michael Price

An officer of the Indianapolis Metro Police Department was arrested last week on suspicion of both battery and domestic battery. It wasn’t the first time his name has appeared in the local news.

The most recent incident occurred approximately 12:40 am last Saturday, April 30th, when IMPD officers went to the 8000 block of Gathering Lane after receiving an incomplete 911 text concerning a possible “active assault.” Upon arriving, the responding officers learned one of the parties involved in the assault was Michael Price, a 13-year-veteran of the IMPD. The matter was then referred to the Special Investigation Unit (SIU). Officer Price was arrested shortly thereafter and booked into the Marion County Jail.

In April of 2017, Officer Price was briefly the subject of another investigation when the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department responded to a shooting. According to the sheriff, the off-duty IMPD officer was seated in his patrol car in front of his New Palestine home when he accidentally shot himself in the leg. He reportedly told sheriffs on the scene that he had taken his personal firearm – a .40-caliber mini Glock – from its holster and was attempting to clear the chamber when it fired. It does not appear Price faced any disciplinary action in regard to the accidental discharge of his weapon.

Officer Price was in the media again last year when a fire broke out in his Fountaintown home. A charitable fund was set up through the Professional Police Officers Credit Union to help his family at that time.

As of today’s date, the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office has not filed any charges against him in connection with last week’s arrest. He has been placed on administrative leave pending criminal and internal investigations.

Man Accused of Exchanging Vapes for Sex with 14-yr-old

Jacob Scott Glenn, alleged predator

A Hamilton County man is accused of catfishing a 14-year-old girl he met on Snapchat and exchanging sex with her for vapes.

According to police, Cicero resident Jacob Scott Glenn, 24, posed as a 16-year-old girl when he established contact with the victim on Snapchat. Using the false identity, he lured the minor into an encounter under the pretense of selling her e-cigarettes. Then he took her to a second location and demanded sex for them instead.

Court documents state the minor left her house on Christmas by climbing out a window just after midnight. But rather than the female teen she expected to meet, the 14-year-old was surprised to see Glenn, an adult man. He convinced her to ride with him to a Pilot Travel Center in Daleville, across the Delaware County line. It was only then, after distancing the girl from her home, that the accused predator told her he didn’t want money. He wanted sex.

She complied, and they had at least one other similar encounter in January.

Unfortunately for Glenn, along with being an alleged predator, he’s also not too bright (allegedly). He later sent the victim a TikTok video of his truck, and she followed the link to his actual profile, where his age was listed as 24. Then she found him on another social media site and learned his real name.

Although the girl told friends and two separate teachers what had occurred, somehow it didn’t come to the attention of police until her father found the vape pens in her room. When asked how she acquired them, the 14-year-old confessed everything, prompting her father to contact local authorities. Photo and video evidence corroborating the girl’s story was taken from her phone by Chesterfield Police.

Glenn is currently being held in the Delaware County Jail without bond. He has been charged with promotion of human trafficking of a minor, a Level 3 felony; two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor, a Level 4 felony and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor.

He was also faces a previous charge for with sexual misconduct with a minor in October 2020. That case is still pending.

Missing: 89-yr-old Seymour Man

Have you seen this man?

Update: Mr. Wilson has regrettably been found deceased. Although no foul play is suspected, a death investigation is underway.

A Silver Alert has been issued for an 89-yr-old man from Seymour, and police are asking for the public’s help locating him.

Harold Wilson was last seen just after 6 AM Tuesday morning, driving a red 2003 Chevrolet Silverado with Indiana license plate D586UB. He is described as white, 6 feet 7 inches tall, approximately 220 pounds, with gray hair and blue eyes.

Authorities believe he is in extreme danger and may require medical assistance.


If you have information concerning Mr. Wilson’s whereabouts, please contact the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department (812-358-2141) or simply call 911.

Update: Police Say Body of Dead Child was Found in Suitcase

.

Indiana State Police have released more information regarding the body of the dead child found in Washington County last Saturday.

According to authorities, the little boy was found stuffed inside a hard suitcase with “a distinctive Las Vegas design on its front and back” in a wooded area at the 7000 block of East Holder Road. Although an autopsy was performed, no cause of death was determined. However, toxicology results are still pending.

The autopsy indicated the child is approximately 5 years old. He is described as a black male, approximately four feet tall, with a slender build and short haircut.

Investigators are still working to determine his identity. Although they have already received more than 200 calls regarding the case, he remains unknown.

“Right now that is the number one point of this investigation, to find out who this child is,” Sgt. Carey Huls said during a press conference on Monday. “At this point, we still do not have that information… and he deserves to be heard.”

Anyone with information about this case is urged to call the toll-free Indiana State Police hotline at 1-888-437-6432.

ISP Need Help Identifying a Dead Child

A mushroom hunter stumbled across the dead body of a child yesterday, and the Indiana State Police is requesting the public’s help to identify him.

He is described as an African-American child between the ages of 5 and 8-years-old. The little boy has a thin build, a short haircut, and stood about four feet tall.

Found near a roadside in a wooded area just east of Washington County, police believe he died sometime within the last week. His cause of death is currently unknown. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

If you have information concerning this child, please contact Detective Matt Busick of the Indiana State Police in Sellersburg (1-812-248-4374 or 1-800-872-6743).

Not Guilty Plea Entered For Cop Accused of Grabbing Guy’s Balls

Booking photo of (former?) IMPD officer Travis Lewis

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department has hit a bit of a rough patch lately. First, a 22-year veteran of the force was arrested for being the proud owner of a weed growing operation, and now a second officer is in trouble.

This time for squeezing a man’s genitals.

The alleged incident occurred Feb. 10 when multiple IMPD officers, including Travis Lewis, responded to a reported burglary in progress on the 8200 block of E. 21st St. Although officers determined there was no burglary, 43-year-old Paul Johnson, Jr. was arrested for invasion of privacy. One of the other officers present at the scene later reported Lewis used “unnecessary and excessive” force while taking Johnson into custody. Specifically, he alleged Lewis threw the handcuffed Johnson to the ground, grabbed the man’s testicles through his boxer shorts twice, and twisted them in an attempt to elicit compliance.

The report also said Johnson never forcibly resisted or posed any danger to law enforcement. He simply refused to cooperate by stiffening his legs and passively resisting attempts to put him in a squad car.

Statements from other officers present and released body cam footage appear to corroborate the accusations against Lewis. At one point in the video, Johnson can be heard asking to be taken to a hospital because “my balls is bleeding.”

The former (?) Officer Lewis faces one felony count of official misconduct and two misdemeanor counts of battery with bodily injury in connection with the incident. He is currently suspended without pay pending a recommendation for termination.

After Surviving Cancer, She Wanted a Happier Life. Her Husband Wanted Her Dead.

New details were recently released in the case against Andrew Wilhoite, the Lebanon resident accused of murdering his wife.

Cancer survivor Elizabeth Nicole “Nikki” Wilhoite, 41, first came to the attention of police on Friday, March 25th after she didn’t show up for work that morning. A concerned coworker at Indiana Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery contacted them, explaining that Nikki “was having issues with her husband” and had recently filed for divorce.

When Boone County Sheriff’s Deputy Craig Fouts went to the Wilhoite home to do a welfare check, he encountered the couple’s children. The kids told Deputy Fouts they had been unable to reach their mother and did not know where she was. Nikki’s stepdaughter suggested she might be at her sister’s because “Elizabeth leaves when she gets upset.”

As Fouts was preparing to leave, Nikki’s husband of 12 years pulled into the driveway on his tractor. Andrew Wilhoite told the deputy he last saw his wife the night before, around 11 pm. According to the probable cause affidavit later filed by the Boone County Prosecutor, “Andrew stated that they had a pretty good fight last night, and she was drunk.” He pointed out scratches on his neck, indicating they were evidence of Nikki’s aggression.

In this version of the story, Andrew said Nikki physically attacked him after learning about his affair. He claimed she went to sleep on the couch after their argument ended and, supposedly, was still asleep when he left that morning to work around the farm. He denied knowing why his wife wasn’t at work or where she might be. He did, however, volunteer the information that she had withdrawn $3000 from her retirement account the previous week and filed for divorce. Perhaps not coincidentally, Nikki’s petition for legal separation coincided with her last chemotherapy session.

If Andrew was trying to suggest that Nikki had simply left, a subsequent search of the property quickly cast doubt on that idea. Investigators found bloodstains on a mattress, set of sheets, and pillow. Blood was also found in the master bath. But the real damage to Andrew Wilhoite’s story occurred when Nikki’s cell phone, purse, and vehicle were discovered in the garage.

After collecting the evidence, the Boone County Sheriff’s Office declared Nikki an endangered missing person then recused itself from the case. Andrew Wilhoite’s mother is Marcia Wilhoite, a member of the Boone County Council. As councilwoman, she influences the budgets of other county officials, including the sheriff and prosecutor. Rather than risk a possible conflict of interest, Boone County Sheriff Mike Nielsen asked the Indiana State Police to assume lead on the case.

In the interview by state police, Andrew initially repeated his story, telling investigators Nikki typically consumed a large container of rum “every two days after work,” and it caused her to act belligerently. He insisted she “came at him,” during an argument about the affair she’d recently discovered. Investigators confronted him with pictures of the blood evidence from their bedroom, and Andrew said the blood was his. His confidence quickly wilted under continued questioning, though. He asked to speak to a lawyer.

After conferring with an attorney, Wilhoite told police he wished to make a statement and show them where to find Nikki’s body.

Andrew maintained that the couple had argued most of the night when Nikki (who, it should be noted, was physically weakened from both cancer and chemotherapy) attacked her much-larger husband and told him to leave. He responded by bodily throwing her out the front door. She allegedly turned to charge at him, and he struck her in the face with a gallon-sized concrete flowerpot, knocking her unconscious. He said he “didn’t know what to do” at that point, so he picked her up off the ground and threw her in his truck. Then he drove to Ross Ditch and dumped her over the bridge on Boone County 400 East, just south of County Road 350 North. According to the affidavit,“Andrew was asked if Elizabeth was still breathing, and Andrew stated he didn’t know because he didn’t check.”

Nikki’s body was found partially submerged in about 3 feet of water a few miles from her home. An autopsy later found she died of blunt force trauma.

The Boone County Prosecutor has filed murder charges against Andrew Wilhoite. He faces 45-60 years in prison if convicted.

If you or someone you love is the victim of domestic violence, please reach out for help at by calling the National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233).